Re: Guo Rong
From: Albert Landeck (landeckinformix.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:59:40 -0600
It is also sometimes a common technique for hackers to try and get back at
someone by subscribing the target individual for as many E-mail lists as they
can find thereby deluging the intended target with tons of mail that comes from
no "actionable" source.

My guess is that Guo made someone very angry, and that in retaliation, he is
getting everything from CoHousing e-mail, gun rights groups e-mail, computer
software mailing lists, child rearing information and just about everything and
anything that one can imagine.

The explosion towards this group may have shown us the kind of actions on Guo's
part that got him targeted in the first place....

Al Landeck

At 08:02 AM 2/10/98 -0600, Ruby44444 [at] aol.com wrote:
>My guess is that Guo Rong is someone who has reached his limit in unwanted
>email. I can Identify.  It is totally infuriating to have to wade through tons
>of offensive and useless email that you can't get rid of--anyone else have
>this problem?  How he got on this list, I can't imagine,  but I sure can
>undestand his frustration.  Is there any way to find out how he got on this
>list and get him off?
>
>Rebecca at Pioneer Valley

Albert Landeck, DataBlade Development Group             (510) 628-3813
Informix Software, Inc.
(510) 628-3880 (fax)
300 Lakeside Drive, Suite 2700                  landeck [at] informix.com
Oakland, California 94612
  • Re: Guo Rong Ruby44444, February 10 1998
    • Re: Guo Rong Catherine Harper, February 10 1998
    • Re: Guo Rong Albert Landeck, February 10 1998