Re: Answer to Meg (New View correction)
From: Jim Snyder-Grant (jimsghotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:53:33 -0600
Just for the record...

Joanie said:

>Now at Vashon Island, all the units are single family houses, as they
are
>at Sharingwood or New View in W. Acton, MA. (New View, sorry I can't
>remember your new name.)

Actually we have a mix of attached and detached houses (15 buildings, 24
households), and we are structured as a condo, so we had the same issues
as Joanie describes. We did have one household who did a lot of the work
on their own house, after our builder did the foundation, framing, walls
and floors. We wrote up some semi-elaborate paperwork for that household
to sign, which basically bound them to finishing up the work with
appropriate quality and timing, to certificate-of-occupancy standards,
so that the rest of us weren't at risk.

And we don't have a new name... We did get to name our road "Half Moon
Hill", so that's kind of like our name, but the "New View" name lives on
as well.

-Jim

Where we signed off on letting the common house construction drawings
continue, so we can still plan on opening our common house this year.