Request for operating budget models
From: Juliet Guroff (jwjgearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 20:57:27 -0600
Greetings from a future resident of EcoVillage of Loudoun County, VA, where
we are expecting to actually start building this summer!  Now we need to do
everything we can to prepare for really living there -- starting with
figuring out a realistic detailed operating budget, so we'll know how much
our homeowners monthly fees will be.

I'm asking for help from those of you who've already done this.  Could we
see what some workable community budgets look like, not the dollar amounts
but just the line items?  What supplies do you keep on hand, for the common
house and elsewhere in the community?  What services do you pay to have
done?  What foreseeable expenses do you accumulate reserves for, for
example regular maintenance and repair items?  What licenses do you have to
maintain, for example for food service?  Etc., etc., etc.

I'm hoping that some of you will be able to send a fairly comprehensive
list of budget items.  If it's convenient to send by e-mail, I'll welcome
it at <jwjg [at] earthlink.net>.  Or, I'll be happy to reimburse you for copying
and mailing via Snail Mail.  Please e-mail me to set it up.

Thank you very much!
Julie Guroff