Urban retrofit cohousing in San Mateo County
From: Sanda Everette (severetteed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 00:34:17 -0600
We finally closed escrow February 10th on the first four-plex.  Our
first community members moved in on the 13th. We worked with them all
weekend to paint and put in tile floors.  It is being painted this
week--we are expecting a four day break in the rain.  It looks like it
will take longer to get the second four-plex (in which we live) than we
hoped.  The owner is not yet ready to sell. In the meantime, we are
hoping to get a lease and he is talking about giving us first right of
refusal when he is ready to sell. We are getting inquiries from all over
the country.

********  Another option has come up to expand the possibilities.*******
A house just came on the market about six buildings up the street.  It
would be quite a wild dream to expect to eventually get the two houses
and four four-plexes in between but...  The house that was just listed
and is pretty expensive...to not shock folks that are not familiar with
prices in this area, I will not mention it.  It is a very nice 3 BR 2 Ba
house with a great yard, a pool, a gazebo, and a boat dock.  So if there
are any higher income folks interested in cohousing out there who have
been interested in what we are doing but needed more space for their
family than they could put in an apartment, please call (650) 574-7155
or write.

For those in the area, we are looking forward to our Permaculture class
on March 14th.  Registrations are beginning to come on, several from
people who are already well-trained in permaculture, even landscape
architects; it should be exciting.
--

Sanda and Brian Everette
San Mateo Cooperative Community

Toward a sustainable lifestyle:
grow some of your own food and/or know who is growing it.
Permaculture for the Urban Gardener, March 14
http://www.wordrunner.com/sanda/urbperm.htm