Re: What is cohousing
From: Judy Baxter (BAXTERepivax.epi.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:46:29 -0600
What is cohousing?  (I usually sigh - hard to be brief)!

It's a bit more complicated, but - it's like a condo or townhome development,
with more common space and common facilities, *and * more intention to be
involved with your/our neighbors.  We almost always have a common kitchen and
dining room and cook for each other some of the time.  And we can adjust our
balance between community and privacy.

Judy
-- e-mail:      baxter [at] epivax.epi.umn.edu
        (usually checked on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday)
15 homes - 7 new townhomes and 8 coop apartments  in a rehab Georgian building
 built as a retirement home in 1924 -