Re: Kid stories
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 19:57:07 -0600
"Peg Blum" <peggyblum [at] worldnet.att.net>
by Fred the list manager: owner-cohousing-L [at] cohousing.org
If you reply to this message, please take care with destination address.

Greetings from Cambridge Cohousing in Cambridge, Massachusetts,

Our first seven families have moved in, four of them with children under =
12.  Here's a quote from one mom, Sharon Hamer:

"The dream is reality!  Yesterday the Melvin-Rochlins moved in.  Not 5 =
minutes after the last mover walked out the door and drove away, Nora (Ha=
mer-Curran) and Civry (Melvin-Rochlin)  got their bikes out and started =
riding up and down the temporary, roughly paved spine in the East End lik=
e it was the Daytona 500.  It was exactly for times like that that we dec=
ided to join Cambridge Cohousing.  I can't wait for everyone to move in..=
..east, west and middle."  (A total of 41 households, one third of whom =
have children under 15.)

Another comment came at our general meeting today:  At a committee meetin=
g being held in the East End, Nora arrived at the neighbor's unit where =
the meeting was being held, looking for her mom...how great it is for a =
4-1/2 year old to be able to run up the path to get mom (usually unheard =
of in city living, except in cohousing).

And this is just the beginning!

peggyblum [at] worldnet.att.net