Re: Shared Housing in Cohousing
From: Fred H. Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 13:23:39 -0600
"Peg Blum" <peggyblum [at] worldnet.att.net>
by Fred the list manager: owner-cohousing-L [at] cohousing.org
If you reply to this message, please take care with destination address.
We're working on the problem..... Fred

In Cambridge Cohousing, we have a unit which will be occupied by 4 person=
s with developmental disabilities.  An adjacent unit will be occupied by =
a staff person.  These two units are addressed in our Condominium Bylaws =
as "Divided Unit Condominium," or a condo within a condo.

Before I got turned on to cohousing, I participated in a workshop on Shar=
ed Housing given by Joanne Tuller ( 6 Monadnock St., Dorchester, MA 02125=
).  She is an excellent resource on shared housing and at the time actual=
ly spoke about the possibilities of shared housing in cohousing.  She liv=
ed in a large house owned by 4 people with 4 renters.  She did caution =
us that not all attorneys were skilled at drawing up the appropriate docu=
ments for shared housing arrangements.

Peg
peggyblum [at] worldnet.att.net