Selling cohousing properties?
From: BilodeauA (BilodeauAaol.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:00:44 -0600
Dear group:

>From time to time I've seen posts here in which members want to sell/rent out
their cohousing community-based home.  Still, it's hard for me to tell whether
it's the same, easier or much more difficult to sell if and when you no longer
want to stay in the community.

I ask because my  husband and I are quite interested in cohousing,  but are
afraid we'll be "stuck" if we aren't comfortable in three to five years, the
usual interval we'd expect to hold ordinary suburban housing.

Can anyone offer me some perspective on this issue?  Are we crazy to go into a
cohousing community if we aren't ready to stay 20 years?

Also, do cohousing communities require you to run potential buyers past a
committee before you can sell?

We really to know before we can think any further about moving ahead.

Thanks in advance for your help...

- Anne Zieger