common house furnishings
From: Marci Malinowycz (SoDanceclassic.msn.com)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 20:06:41 -0600
Here at Puget Ridge Cohousing, in our fourth year of living here, we're
finally looking at how to furnish our common house living room. Up until now,
it's been sparsely furnished with various cast-offs of variable quality, some
of which are now falling apart. We're looking at buying brand-new things to
fix up this living space. Before we do, we'll be looking at models and
mock-ups and examples, to get a clear idea of what we really want.

So, here's a request for this e-list, and an offer in return:

Please send me any good photos or maybe diagrams of your common house living
room or lounge areas, showing how you've set it up for conversation centers,
for reading corners, for media use, whatever. I'm not so much interested in
kids' play zones, craft or work areas, or other specialized use, unless you
have integrated it into your equivalent of a living room.

In return, I'll offer to scan the photos and set up a comparative display on
the web, as a reference available to everyone. To make that work, please
include the location and date of the photo, so I can properly label the pages.
Also, if your room illustrates a nice solution to some problem, or a nifty way
of making it a more usable space for your community, describe that, and I'll
include the text with the pictures on the web page.

If you already have it scanned on your web page, just point me to it, and
thanks!

The one photo I have so far, from the Cohousing book, is of Nyland in 1992. I
look forward to seeing many more, I hope. Thanks for any help.

-- Marci Malinowycz
   for the Common House Committee
   of Puget Ridge Cohousing

   7020 18th Ave. SW, Seattle WA 98106