Cohousing Web Site Update
From: Bill Germino (germinobabson.edu)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 07:43:34 -0500
As many people know by now I have assumed the role of webmaster for The
Cohousing Network web site, http://www.cohousing.org, replacing Stuart
Staniford-Chen.  Stuart did a tremendous job in creating a great site for
cohousers---and I can now appreciate his efforts even more!  I know many
people
have had requests for the site that are long outstanding, so I wanted to
update you
on things:

        1. We've assembled a team of capable volunteers to assist with site
maintenance and/or advisement, and now need to establish an internal
process
for handling the workload and site changes (which will include letting you
know what
you can expect for "turnaround time" for site requests).  The Web Team
consists of:

        Raines Cohen            Michael McIntyre
        Sanda Everette          Fred Olson
        Bill Germino            Rob Sandelin
        Judy Linton             Steve Walmsley
        Michael Mariner

I'm very grateful to this volunteer group for their willingness to help,
and special thanks to
Michael Mariner for all his assistance in helping me in my new role.

        2. The first order of business after moving the site to a new server
was to address a
growing backlog of update requests. Nearly all of those requests were
addressed this
weekend, mostly consisting of updated links.

        3. The following are outstanding requests:
                > Review the SEARCH function which appears is not working
                > Change the webmaster contact information (from Stuart to
myself) on all pages
                > Respond to the "information request only" messages (that
webmasters usually get)
                > Address the latest site requests from the last 7-10 days
(that
Stuart received)
                > Address other "miscellaneous" requests from the backlog

        4. Going forward, I will be working with the web team and new
Cohousing Network Board
to make some changes to the site in both content and formatting.

If you made a request for a new or updated link in the past 4-5 months,
please check
it now---it should be done.  All requests that *could* be addressed *have*
been addressed,
so don't assume your request is still in the backlog (unless it came in the
last two weeks).
Submit any repeat or new requests to me directly.  My coho website e-mail
address is
GERMINO [at] MSN.COM, and this will be my primary and preferred e-mail address
for this work.
However, I often use my work account, which is GERMINO [at] BABSON.EDU, so you
may
use this as well.

Also, if you're interested in serving in an advisory capacity for future
site changes please me
know.  That will likely happen over the next few months.  Thanks for your
patience and understanding
during the site transition.  It is my goal to create a first-rate site that
has updated, relavant, and
timely information, and to do all we can to support cohousers in their
endeavors to build and
maintain their communities.  I look forward to serving the cohousing
community.  Cheers!

Bill

p.s. Going forward my messages will be much shorter!