Re: second floor accessibility
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 03:10:54 -0500
Like Denise, I'm now feeling contrite about even suggesting ways to "get
around" the accessibility requirements of your building codes. Take comfort
from the fact that in most cases, second floor common house space is
notoriously underutilized if it is a multipurpose space or a library or
something like that.  Initially, you made it sound like it is extra space
you'd like to have, but not where a crucial common function like the
laundry or kid's room is planned. I'm surprised that your architect (or
developer or builder if you have one yet) didn't alert you to this
consideration sooner.

Joani Blank