annual assessments
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 20:17:57 -0500
RoseWind Cohousing in Port Townsend WA. 19 families sharing costs.

Our annual operating budget comes to about $200 a YEAR per family.
Includes legal and financial professional fees, commons insurance,
copies, phone, postage, annual retreat, landscape maintenance and
enhancement, internet, training, etc.
Because of unspent carryovers from prior years, the annual operating
budget this year was $67 per year each family.

Our total assessment for this year was $430 per family.
This included $363 each for capital budget (incl depreciation, equipment
purchase of small tractor and other items, computer upgrade, irrigation
system for the commons, and contingency fund)

We do not yet have common house maintenance-insurance-depreciation to pay.
We pay no separate tax on our commons, it's included in the home
assessments.

For city folks, that must sound like not much. But this is a cash-poor
town, and that $430 a year is the max people felt they could
afford.---Lynn Nadeau  welcome [at] olympus.net