weekender cohousing
From: Tonka444 (Tonka444aol.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 11:25:00 -0500
As my husband and I grapple with the decision of joining Pathways Cohousing in
Northhampton, Mass. (possible groundbreaking this fall), we are trying to come
up with creative solutions to what would be an hour commute to work for my
husband to and from Hartford. One thought I was considering was to "straddle"
our two homes and head off to Pathways on the weekends and summers.

Has anyone ever tried this? My concern is that we would be outsiders, showing
up only on the weekends. My other concern would be that while I was there I
would be willing to contribute but while I am away, there is little I can do.
Do you think this would cause resentment?

There are possibilities in the future for my husband to telecommute at least a
couple of days, but in the meantime I thought this might be a decent
compromise.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Shelly DeMeo
possible members of Pathways Cohousing in vibrant Northhampton, Mass.  Just
purchased 40 acres and recently finished our site plan.