responding to queries
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 09:05:18 -0500
Deb Behrens says she's "guilty" of responding to individuals, rather than
the whole list. As a relative newcomer to the list, the individual
response seems the appropriate one for most things, as it helps the
person who asked for input, and doesn't take up the time and attention of
hundreds of other people.

I have responded individually to requests of the what-do-you-do type
about legal structures, committee arrangements, participation
requirements (or lack thereof), and other such matters. To the whole
group I posted one query, regarding what different common houses do about
second-floor access: the numerous responses I got were helpful in
evolving our planning, but most people don't need the brand and model
number of a wheelchair lift.

Certain topics may be of such general relevance as to spark discussion
and debate via these channels. If one is alert to such potential,  there
seems no reason to apologize for giving requested info just to the
requester. Right? Or am I missing something?

Lynn at RoseWind            welcome [at] olympus.net