Cambridge Cohousing in the Globe
From: DIANE (74647.2741compuserve.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 18:36:09 -0500
A while ago COHOUSING-L digest carried the Globe article on Cambridge
Cohousing.  I'd also like to circulate the letter to the editor that I sent

To the editor:

I was pleased to read the article on Cambridge Cohousing in the Thursday,
March 26th issue of the Globe.  Cohousing should become better known and
that article will help.  However, the lead to the article is incorrect.  It
claims that I hated Wilton, CT with a passion.  In fact, my days in Wilton,
CT, were very happy ones,  surrounded as I was then by family and friends.
I did believe that Wilton's two acre zoning contributed to an isolation and
a redundancy of childrearing and food preparation tasks that reduced its
quality of life.    I did not know then how brittle were its joys.  When my
children were grown and my husband died, I  realized  how  dependent
suburban life is  on the youth and good health of small nuclear families.
But that does not make suburbia hateful.  Hate is better reserved for the
truely heinous, for concentration camps and war.

Diane R. Margolis
Cambridge, MA