Re: High-end telecom
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 01:53:00 -0500
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Ben Levi wrote:
> My name is Ben Levi, and I live in Boulder, CO. I'm part of the Geneva
> group who has 175 acres in northeast Lyons. I'm thinking about doing a
> high-end telecom solution (e.g. fiber optic, fractional T-1, server) for
> the community, and possibly the surrounding area. Has anyone on the list
> done anything like this? I'd appreciate any experiences, lessons, wisdom
> you have to offer (you can send them privately if you wish).

I haven't done it -- yet.  I'm involved with a cohousing group that is
just forming in Austin, TX and I'm looking at starting with a burstable T1
and moving up from there.  Currently, I've got an ISDN connection to my
house and I tend to saturate it all too often.  Also, one of my goals is
to help provide an environment where various type of entreprenurial
arrangement can happen easily.

-- Matt