Re: High-End Telecom
From: Paul Kilduff (LibertyPaulMarywebtv.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:52:31 -0500
from Paul Kilduff, Liberty Village, MD

I really love the idea of a webcam, to give people the chance to see if
anyone's in the common house.  I think there's some reflexive opposition
based on _1984_, but I think in practice it would be non-invasive and
would lead to much greater C H utilization -- the equivalent of walking
by and seeing people through the window ("hmm...maybe I'll drop in").

I think the area should be marked by tape or something, so one always
knew one was within the shot, plus a monitor.  I also believe it should
be microphoneless, to preserve privacy.  Again, like walking by a
window.  Going to this area would be the equivalent of saying, "Come on
and join me/us."

Paul
..