Re:Regarding fences and hot tubs
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 02:18:30 -0500
Matt:
Yesterday you wrote:

>>From a personal standpoint, the only real need I see for me to have a
>fence is that I plan on putting in a hot tub.  While I am very comfortable
>with social nudity, I'm also concerned about offending others who are not.

Why don't you make it a community hot tub and put a gazebo around it to
protect the privacy of nude bathers. We started out with rules for clothed
and clothing optional hours for our tub here, but they kinda went by the
wayside.  All the people who tub late in the evening do so nude, (where a
lattice provides adequate  although we don't object, or even notice, if
someone chooses to wear a suit. During the daytime, when the kids are
likely to be in and out of the tub, we typically suit up. Any resident can
reserve the tub for an hour or so if they want to have a private nude or
suits-required tub. But I don't believe this has happened in several years
now.

Joani Blank
Doyle Street CoHousing, Bay area, CA