Re: Who gets to vote?
From: Becky Schaller (bschallertheriver.com)
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 10:16:52 -0500
Robin, in our group, we have one vote per household.
We have not yet started construction so we don't yet have any renters.
But I suspect that renters will be involved in day to day decisions
like how many days a week we will have dinner together.  But not about
decisions concerning roof repairs for the common house.
We also have a provision about what to do if we can't reach consensus.
I think it's important to have some criteria for when it's ok to go to
a 75% majority (we have 80%) and when the group simply needs to
continue talking.  Otherwise why not just say all decisions are made
by a supermajority.  If you want our details, I can copy them for you.
In our group Associates can not block consensus or vote when we go a
supermajority or what we call second level decision making.

Becky Schaller
TNDC Cohousing
Tucson,  AZ
We have just less than 5 acres of land optioned.  We have our site
planned; we're designing our common houe this weekend and we are
looking for members.   We are centrally located, near the University
of Arizona, near bus routes and bike routes.