Re: COHOUSING-L digest 475
From: Christopher L. Wood (c.l.woodcsu-e.csuohio.edu)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 02:46:15 -0500
Make two houses: One made up of representatives of
each household, the other made up of all adult members.
The way you'd divide up authority to each house, and how you account for
renters would have to depend your
community's financial structure.

>Date: Sun, 26 Apr 1998 22:04:04 +1200
>From: Robin Allison <ecohousing [at] xtra.co.nz>
>To: Cohousing-L <cohousing-L [at] cohousing.org>
>Subject: Who gets to vote?
>
>Our group is in the process of writing an Organising Agreement and we
>are trying to work out the finer detail of how we make decisions. Of
>course we will be using consensus and hope to decide most issues in this
>way, but we will revert to 75% majority vote where agreement can't
>otherwise be made.
>
>The question is, does this generally mean one vote per (full member)
>household, or one vote per adult (there may be 2 or 3 adults in a
>household)? And what about Associate Members? I've looked through the
>archives and it seems that generally renters don't get to have this
>final say in decision-making, but I can't find reference to how other
>groups have handled this issue of just how this final voting thing
>happens.
>
>We're probably going to finalise this on Wednesday so I'd really
>appreciate hearing how other groups do it before then. Thanks!
>
>Robin Allison
>Waitakere Eco-Neighbourhood Cohousing Project
>Auckland, New Zealand.
>Where we've started having common dinners (before our meetings) even
>though we haven't bought land yet!

Christopher L. Wood
http://grail.cba.csuohio.edu/~chwood
c.l.wood@popmail.csuohio