Apartments available at the Urban retrofit cohousing in San Mateo, CA
From: Sanda Everette (severetteed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 01:13:53 -0500
We have a lovely refurbished 3BR available for rent and future
purchase.  Our first community members moved in February...and
we are enjoying getting to know each other better, sharing work and
ritual.  Another of the former tenants left and there is now a 2BR
apartment for rent as well.  This apartment has an extra room added on
and we would love to be able to use it as common space.  Perhaps a
couple of single folks would like to just rent the bedrooms in this unit
and help create it as a mini-common house.

We had the building painted and began gardening at the permaculture
workshop in March.  I will try to update the website and get new photos
on line soon...  We hope to get chickens next week and make some
progress on the gardens--yes chickens in San Mateo.

Progress is slower than we expected.  We have also had to put time into
the other projects we are involved with: a farm and potential rural
cohousing project in Washington state and a cooperative house in San
Diego.

I am looking forward to going back up to Washington the end of this week
for Rob's workshop (The NW Facilitation Circle, an all day workshop for
consensus facilitators, will be held Saturday, May 2nd, at the
Sharingwood Community.)  I hope to meet some of you there.
--

Sanda and Brian Everette
San Mateo Cooperative Community

Toward a sustainable lifestyle:
grow some of your own food and/or know the gardener who is growing it.