Property values next to cohousing
From: Dan Everett (dmepollux.cs.uga.edu)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 14:37:52 -0500
Dear Cohousers,

        I'm sure this question has come up before: how do you
        persuade your skeptical neighbors that a cohousing
        development won't negatively affect their property values?

        In this place the "neighbors" are some of the existing members
        of Kenney Ridge. Some of us want to develop our Phase II along
        cohousing lines, and our more traditional members seem to be
        afraid they'll end up living next to some kind of degraded
        slum. (Many of you have seen this attitude, I am sure.)

        Personally I think that in five years most of these members will
        be kicking themselves for not having built closer to the common
        house... but that's then, this is now. Any suggestions?

Have a great weekend

Dan Everett
Kenney Ridge
Athens Georgia