Alchemy Farm Open House
From: Karen Schwalbe (kschwalbewhrc.org)
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 15:46:52 -0500
Alchemy Farm Cohousing, located in Falmouth, Massachusetts is having an
Open House on Sunday, May 17th, from 4:00 to 6:00 pm.  There will be a
slide show and a tour of the community building, grounds and homes,
followed by a potluck supper with members and friends.

Alchemy Farm has twelve house lots in two clusters on 16 beautiful acres on
Cape Cod.  We have owned the property since 1991, but just began site
development and construction last year.  Three new houses, one existing
farmhouse and an apartment in the commonhouse are currently occupied.  Six
lots still for sale.  Energy-efficient, environmentally sound design, and
organic agriculture are all strong interests of community members.

We are in the process of retrofitting our common house.  It includes a
small kitchen, large auditorium, living room, meeting room, a four bay
garage/workshop, storage rooms, a two-bedroom rental apartment and rental
office space.  The community laundry is currently under construction.

The landscape is well-established with mature fruit and nut trees, berry
bushes, two acres of organic garden (some currently leased to a local
farmer) and natural forest.  The site abuts town conservation land, which
includes a large pond with a town landing, and a small farm.   We are about
four miles from the beaches on Buzzards Bay and five miles from the beaches
on Nantucket Sound.

If you are interested in coming and want directions to the Open House on
Sunday May 17th (or any other third Sunday of the month) drop me an e-mail:
kschwalbe [at] whrc.org, or call me at 508-564-4325.

Karen Schwalbe
kschwalbe [at] whrc.org
Alchemy Farm Cohousing
233 Hatchville Road