Re: Farm Oriented Cohousing Community
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanAdobe.COM)
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 17:02:04 -0500
>From: "Hartzell Family" <rhubarb [at] mail.cvn.net>
>
>The questions for the coho-l are; Is anyone aware of  an existing coho
>community that operates a farm or is closely linked to one, or are we
>plowing (so to speak) new ground?

Here at EcoVillage Ithaca we have a CSA organic farm ("WestHaven Farm")
that has been operating for 6 years. The farm is small (~4 acres), and is
run by one of the households of the first neighborhood. (EVI currently has
one cohousing neighborhood, the long range plan calls for 4-5
neighborhoods). The CSA membership includes both residents & other
Ithacans. Also, our Common House kitchen manager purchases lots of farm
produce directly. Please see our website for more info.

joe nolan
EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY, USA
1st nh completed 8/97! 2nd well underway.
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/ecovillage/