RE: Connection between kitchen and dining room
From: Rob Sandelin (Floriferousclassic.msn.com)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:46:51 -0500
Unless you have incredable acoustics, the noise from 30 people eating and
talking, kids etc. will completely drown out any noise from the kitchen. The
dishwasher only runs after dinner, and only for 60-90 second bursts covering a
total of 12-15 minutes so its noise is not a big deal.

At Sharingwood our kitchen is not only totally open, its on the main path from
door to dining to encourage people to drop in, sample whats happening, check
in with the cooks, help with last minute prep if needed.

I would encourage you to open that space up as much as you can, isolating the
cooks from the rest of the scene would be, in my experience, a bad social
design.

Rob Sandelin
Sharingwood