Re: including old postings
From: Joe Nolan (jnolanAdobe.COM)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 13:58:32 -0500
>From: Ruby44444 <Ruby44444 [at] aol.com>
>I really wish people wouldn't include the message they are responding to
in their postings.

Optimally, one should edit down the original post to just the
questions/points that one is responding to. This takes more time, but is
the neighborly netiquette thing to do. Short snippets like the one above
provide a useful context for the response, while not getting in the way. If
you respond to multiple Qs, interspersing your answers with the snippets is
a 1st class approach. And, always put the salad fork to the left of the
keyboard.

-joe "Mr. Manners" nolan

joe nolan
EcoVillage at Ithaca, NY, USA
1st nh completed 8/97! 2nd well underway.
http://www.cfe.cornell.edu/ecovillage/