Re: co-housing v.s. old-fashioned neighborliness
From: dwn2erth (dwn2erthpics.com)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:58:37 -0500
liz stevenson thinks my goal is to "demoralize good people" and that I am
being truly offensive by questioning the approach and thinking underlying
the the larger number of cohousing projects. The fact that a few are
developed as urban revitalization does not change the fact that most are
not, and, the fact that i think that people should open their eyes and
recognize land development for what it is not offensive and doesn't deseve
to be labeled as such just because i disagree. I believe that as a 16th
generation quaker farm family, land planner, and environmental scientist
who has watched watched our open space in the northeast destroyed by land
developers of every ilk from the environmentally sensitive clustered type
to the obviously uncaring, I care and hope that other "caring" people will
also care and recognize the actual resultsof their actions. I have heard
"efficient land use" argued from all sides. so what!  How about if we
produce no more  suburban housing... ZERO GROWTH in other words.. terribly
sorry you find dissent offensive. must make concensus discussion
difficult..--