Re: co-housing v.s. old-fashioned neighborliness
From: Jennifer S. Stevens (jstevensccsi.com)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 20:39:44 -0500

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Jim Willits wrote:

>        the inability to make old neighborhoods attractive or "nice"  is the >
cause of suburban sprawl.

Of course, "nice" or attractive depends on the point of view. I think
the problem is that many home buyers perceive old
neighborhoods as unattractive. I myself far prefer "old" neighborhoods to
the ranch conformity of the 'burbs. If you can make the average
home buyer perceive them as "cool" again, problem solved. Incidentally,
however, older
neighborhoods are making a come back, at least in Salt Lake City, UT and
Austin, TX.

- jen stevens, who lacks a sig