Re: including old postings
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 23:59:12 -0500
MartyR707 wrote:

>  Quote just a small part of the

Okay, this was a little bit of netiquette I hadn't yet acquired. Makes sense, so
thanks.

> The moon garden sounds wonderful!  Could you post a list of the plants you are
> using - or that could be used?

As for this part, I would refer you to the following website:
        www.suite101.com/articles/article.cfm/3703

I have started with:
    Artemisia "silver mound"
    Cape Blanco sedum
    cut-leaf daisy (Erigeron compositus)
    Dusty Miller "silver dust "
    white cushion chrysanthemum
    white daisy chrysanthemum
    hawaii white ageratum (hybrid)
    galaxy white bellis (perennial)

Following are other plants which have been recommended:
    Artemisia-(Silver Queen)
    Artemisia (Silver Brocade) used as edging.
    Shasta Daisy (Snow Lady)
    Rose of Sharon
    Day Lily (So Lovely)
    Night blooming Daylily
    Catmint (Six Hills Giant)-used as edging
    Narcissus (May Rose)
    Curry Plant
    Dittany of Crete
    Evening Primrose

Green with Silver tint-silver becomes more pronounced when hit with dew and moon
light.
        Horehound
        Silver Horehound
        Russian Sage (Filigran)
        Russian sage (Longin)
        Silver Sage
        Fringed Wormwood
        Silver Thyme

These have small white flowers:
        Chamomile
        Baby's breath
        Phlox
        White Star Columbine-tender plant but does well in semi-shade

Bulb:
        Snow Maiden Iris
Vine:
        Moon Flower-it has huge white blooms and produces large seeds so save
them.

Spreading plants:
        Thyme
        Chamomile
        Lamb's ear (used as edging)-does not care for real humid weather, does
best in semi- shade, but that is okay for all of these will do great in
semi-shade.