Economic diversity in cohousing
From: Dan Everett (dmepollux.cs.uga.edu)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 08:39:57 -0500
 Denise Meier (Sebastopol, CA) writes:

> So much for economic diversity! We have two subsidized, low-income units.
> The other twelve households are ones who can come up with $50,000 -
> $90,000 while still living in a home they may own!

        That's two more subsidized units than your typical twelve upper
        middle class homeowners are supporting. If we could all do as well,
        we'd be making a MAJOR contribution to both neighborhood
        income diversity and social justice in this greedy society of
        ours. We're trying for about that ratio of affordable units at
        Kenney Ridge Phase II, and I for one will be ecstatic if we get
        it.

        So please accept my hearty congratulations! And please continue
        to bitch, moan, rant, and rave about how far you are falling short
        of your idealistic goals. I'm proud to be part of your tribe.

Dan Everett
Kenney Ridge Community
Athens GA