Re: Cohousing as Investment?
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:00:25 -0500

laura (Jim?) willits wrote:

> This is made particularly poignant by the
> contrast between the type of people who select the cohousing option (
> hopefully enlightened) and the result (which i perceive as suburban sprawl).

> I did however, think that this
> was a forum for serious and in depth discussion of values goals and issues.

I think there is room for discussion about the role of cohousing in this
respect. It is important for us to be honest with ourselves about which pieces
of the "sprawl" problem to which we might be contributing. AND there is also
room for us to move ourselves and others into awareness in a thoughtful,
conscious manner. Yes, I recognize the urgency. And the frustration of trying
for so long. And seeing from an informed perspective that may include a longer
view than most people have taken. It's hard, and it's a worthwhile endeavor.

I encourage you to keep asking questions and to stimulate discussion. I also
encourage you to step back, as you appear to be doing in this message, and
help others along with more awareness of the differences in levels of
experience.

Thanks for the care you offer.

Cheryl in Colorado