RE: co-housing v.s. old-fashioned neighborliness
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 05:34:44 -0500
On Sat, 16 May 1998, Rob Sandelin wrote:

> It is very useful when you post your name to include what cohousing group you
> are involved with and where that is.

I'm currently looking for a group to become involved in.  Of the three
groups I know of in the Austin area, one of them is would be at least an
hour commute (San Marcos) which I'm not willing to do, another is planning
on  building high-density housing in the middle of surburbia which seems
really repugnant to me and the third group doesn't look like it is going
to actually move forward, they are too comfortable where they are.

> I personally find it annoying sometimes when people who are not involved at
> all in cohousing jump into this list and then proceed to tell those of us who
> are involved how we should be doing it. Its a small ego thing I have I guess.

Well, I don't think I've been telling you how  to do it, but I certainly
will tell you what *I* want out of cohousing.

-- Matt