Re: co-housing v.s. old-fashioned neighborliness
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 05:45:05 -0500
On Sat, 16 May 1998, DHCano wrote:

> As one who doesn't know and would really like to learn, does anyone on the
> list know how many of the '30 some odd' have been built in urban settings?

>From my reading and conversations with Chuck Durrett  (I'm taking the
"Getting it built" workshop this weekend) here's the list I can come up
with.  I expect I missed quite a few.

Doyle Street - Emeryville, CA
Southside Park - Saacramento, CA
N Street CoHousing  - Davis, CA
Marsh Commens - Arcata, CA
Monterey CoHousing - Minneapolis, MN

There are others listed as "low-income housing", but I don't know how
many of them are in an urban setting.  There are  also quite a few listed
that I have absolutely no idea whether or not they aree in an urban
setting.  Can anyone expand upon this list?

Personally, I am drawn towards a retrofit project in downtown Austin.  I
don't know if I can  get together with the  right people to make it
happen, but I am interested.

-- Matt