Re: Urban or other sprawl
From: Smith & McGowan (mcsmithalbany.net)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 05:58:57 -0500
Toni Smith wrote:

Creek's Bend Cohousing is planning to put 24 units and a commonhouse on
3 1/2 acres of 11 acres, one of the last green spaces in Troy, New York,
a historical city, once the center of the iron and collar industry.
Some have responded negatively to the development of this parcel, and
yet other developers have tried to put 81 units sprawled on it.  We are
a peninsula into the Poestenkill Creek, so cannot build on the portion
of the land that lies in the 100 year flood plain.  We are nestled
between hills that are not developable, so we have the potential to have
rural aspects in a city.  Our initial response from the zoning board is
that they welcome cluster housing and appreciate the light use of the
land.

Toni Smith LOOKING FOR MEMBERS, WE PLAN TO BREAK GROUND IN 1999.