RE: On being too close for comfort
From: Boleyn, Julie (JBoleynextensis.com)
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 20:14:02 -0500
I'm just postulating here, but I think each cohousing group is likely to
have a very different character. Some groups are going to be very
'touchy-feely', other groups will not. The character of a group will
likely change over-time depending on the people living there and the
traditions they develop.

I would think that each member of a cohousing community has a certain
responsibility for helping to shape the culture, by making her/his needs
and desires known. But, there is the responsibility of letting go and
allowing others to do the same.

So, while the touchy-feely (my words) retreat may have been too close
for you, it may have been inspiring for others. But, next time you'll
know that this isn't the space for you to be in. Perhaps it would be
helpful to create a tradition that you do feel comfortable with, and see
how the group deals with that....

-       Julie
p.s. Forgive me if I don't sound too coherent... I'm on my way to take a
much needed nap after a glorious weekend of dancing...