Re: urban cohousing
From: Denise Meier and/or Michael Jacob (dmmjwco.com)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:19:17 -0500

On Mon, 18 May 1998 cynthia.e.carpenter [at] us.arthurandersen.com wrote:

> Matt Lawrence listed urban cohousing:
>
> >Doyle Street - Emeryville, CA
> >Southside Park - Saacramento, CA
> >N Street CoHousing  - Davis, CA
> >Marsh Commens - Arcata, CA
> >Monterey CoHousing - Minneapolis, MN
> Don't forget us!  Cambridge Cohousing, in Cambridge, MA.  We have 41 units
> on 1 1/2 acres, which seems incredibly dense in comparison to other
> projects, though our site was zoned for 53 units when we bought it.

I wouldn't call us urban (there's nowhere in our small town of 7500 that
you could call urban), but we are putting 14 units on 2 acres that the
neighbors would have much preferred to see divided into 4 half-acre lots.
The fact that this was an infill project (providing middle income housing
without expanding the city's borders) was what gained us a good deal of
support from the planning commission and the city council.

Denise Meier
Sebastopol, CA