RE: who is "involved" in cohousing
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 13:58:12 -0500
On Mon, 18 May 1998, Lynn Nadeau wrote:

> The comment was made that people who aren't involved at all in cohousing
> sometimes seem to appear to just want to stir things up and watch the
> sparks fly.

I may stir things up from time to time, but my intention is not to just
watch the sparks fly.  I have a number of questions and concerns about
cohousing and how it relates to me.

> I'm surprised how many people have reacted by saying they don't want to
> be treated like unwelcome outsiders because they are not "card-carrying"
> cohousing residents: if you are personally interested in cohousing, you
> ARE involved, and you certainly are welcome to share your observations
> and questions.

I'm not a cohousing resident - yet.  This will change.  I'm not sure
exactly how, where or when, but I will make it happen.

Anyway, when I don't have a splitting headache, I expect I'll post a
number of fairly detailed questions.  In the meantime, one of the concepts
that I have is to create an environment that allows and ecourages various
types if "things" to happen.  I'd love to hear what others have seen and
done.

-- Matt