Re: Living in an encounter group forever
From: Scott Cowley (scowleyaclis.lib.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 19:10:54 -0500
I favor the idea of cohousing as a better model of housing development.
To encourage this idea I began to suggest early on in our group's formation that
the first point was to put a roof over our heads.  The second point was to do it
in an enlightened way.  That means that nobody insists we all believe the same,
or do the same thing, or dance the same dance.  We try to be fair and use our
heads.  Otherwise, it seems too much like a perpetual 'T' group or, to put it
another way, a rather traditional, power-mongering religion.  Therefore, such an
abyss can be avoided by careful choice of initial objectives.

About the notion of civility and dissent:  One of the nice things about an email
discussion list is that you can read a post without getting anything but your
fragile little feelings hurt, and maybe learn something in the process, even if
they're just cruisin'.  Grow up.  Thrive on challenge.  Bathe in the insanity.
Subscribe in "digest" mode.