Re: The $200,000 invisible wall - retrofit instead
From: Michael Mariner (mykanofone.net)
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:08:58 -0500
Jim Nordgaard said:

>So I would urge anyone in the process of starting a new cohousing
>community to STRONGLY consider retrofit, or combination retrofit and
>new construction, especially if you are concerned with a having a
>income diversified community, one not contributing to urban sprawl,
>and one whose members have a strong common bond to the community (the
>physical part, and well as social), from the beginning.

For those of you taking Jim's advice seriously and who want to have email
discussions by people already living in urban cohousing (and other kinds
of intentional communities) or who are trying to get their neighborhoods
to become more cohesive consider subscribing to our email list, called
Urban-ICs.

Here's how:

To subscribe to URBANICS, send listproc [at] csf.colorado.edu the request

        SUBSCRIBE URBANICS <FIRSTNAME> <LASTNAME>

If your name is John Doe, please substitute
          John Doe    for   <Firstname> <Lastname>

so the command would look like

SUBSCRIBE URBANICS John Doe

Mike Mariner/Mykano

San Juan Cohousing, near Durango, CO, where we're looking for a few more
folks to join us on 240 acres of beautiful land. Check us out at:

http://shell.rmi.net/~ganesh/ or email Mac Thomson at ganesh [at] rmi.net
The future is sustainable, cooperative communities - find/build one.

               ++++++ KEY ONLINE COMMUNITY RESOURCES +++++

                     Cohousing:  www.cohousing.org/
                   Ecovillages:  www.gaia.org/
       Intentional Communities:  www.ic.org/