Re: Parking
From: Jim Willits (dwn2erthpics.com)
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 11:21:12 -0500

i am confused, it seems to me to be a geometry problem not really a major
issue. I used to design school site plans and, of course, traffic free and
no street crossings for children to access play areas and open space areas
is a standard rule of thumb for all schools... co-housing would seem to
have the same requirements... it seems that if you take a modified "block"
of housing (not bound by a euclidian geometry) and sort of turn it inside
out conceptually and physically you accomplish all your goals, vehicular
access to one side and non street related space to the other. In a sense
reversed from the standard house front on the street approach.. front the
houses on the non street side opening to the common areas and pedestrian
areas.

jim willits
http//www.bioactive.com
http//willits [at] bioactive.com