social engineering in cohousing
From: MLYNCHIN (MLYNCHINaol.com)
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 14:03:40 -0500
In a message dated 05.29.98 7:19:34 PM, you wrote:

<<It seems to me that in site design, one shouldn't be too rigid with
the social engineering.

hear, hear. Besides site design, my perception is that social engineering
seems to creep in in other aspects of cohousing/community development. How do
folks feel about *social engineering* to fit the textbook definition of
"cohousing," rather than *spontaneous* community development that defines a
community of cohousers? Would a mission statement for the community be a
better tool in which to define the community than a set of
rules/regs/policies? Are there any anecdotes?

Marilyn Chin, Old Oakland CoHousing in Oakland, CA which just went through
groundbreaking. We move in in 14 months.