Re: Fun at business meetings
From: Lynn Nadeau (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 16:48:49 -0500
Only five hours a month, at this initial phase--lucky you! We endured a
couple of years of all-day Saturdays nearly every week, including some
people who had to voyage by road and ferry for 2 hours each way, and
others who had to juggle little kids. Whew. It's a wonder we survived.

I totally second Rob Sandelin's advice to build community at every
opportunity. Celebrate things, do hands on projects, etc. The best part
of our meetings is the potluck lunch, as we have great cooks. We didn't
spend enough time building community, thinking we had "too much business
to do" but it was a false economy of time: it doubtless cost us more than
it saved, in time and efficiency.

If you're down to relatively short meetings to start with, you could
probably really whiz with some workshop training by Rob. Or at least
study a bunch of his advice. At least you know what you want.

Lynn at RoseWind Cohousing , Port Townsend WA
where it's gorgeous weather and a strawbale home is starting construction
and
 the wild roses make the whole place smell like a Greek church