Re: childcare
From: lilbert (lilbertconcentric.net)
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 21:23:35 -0500
Our group has always had a policy of paying for childcare. Everyone
contributes the same amount(I think! this may vary, but all
contribute)regardless of whether they have children in childcare for
general meetings. That way, it's not a burden for people with children to
attend. We felt that this was absolutely necessary for community building
and avoiding resentment. Committee meetings generally take place when
people can leave their children with somebody, and it's up to individuals
to get childcare. Workshops and big meetings have childcare as a general
rule.
Liz Stevenson
Southside Park
Sacramento