Re: Washington Post Article
From: Jack Wilbern (butzwilberols.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 10:29:18 -0500
--------------ACE495A34A0CEC2E7EF05BBD

Big sigh.

We're in the process of rezoning for the Blueberry Hill project here in the
suburbs of Washington DC and we've got some neighbors for whom I'm
sure this will play very much to their existing misconceptions.

So I agree in one sense that its not a big deal for the big picture of
cohousing ?
but in this part of the cosm we're not exactly thrilled.

The more cogent articles that have run in the Post and other local papers have
mostly dwelled on the community involvement aspects and less on
any 'traditionally' alternate lifestyles that may be associated with cohousing.
(synergistically appropriate as these may be)

As such, these have been most welcome from our zoning point of view.
SO?the Post giveth and the Post taketh away.

Jack Wilbern
Member, Blueberry LLC

Blueberry Hill, Vienna, Virginia -
19 homes on the back 7 acres of a 30 acre organic farm just outside the
Washington DC Beltway.
11 households as members, lots of associates/observers
Girding our loins for our public hearing in July
?and having fun creating our own community tradition for welcoming new people.

--------------ACE495A34A0CEC2E7EF05BBD

<HTML>
Big sigh.

<P>We're in the process of rezoning for the Blueberry Hill project here
in the suburbs of Washington DC and we've got some neighbors for whom I'm
sure this will play very much to their existing misconceptions.

<P>So I agree in one sense that its not a big deal for the big picture
of cohousing ?
<BR>but in this part of the cosm we're not exactly thrilled.

<P>The more cogent articles that <U>have</U> run in the Post and other
local papers have mostly dwelled on the community involvement aspects and
less on any 'traditionally' alternate lifestyles that may be associated
with cohousing. (synergistically appropriate as these may be)

<P>As such, these have been most welcome from our zoning point of view.
<BR>SO?the Post giveth and the Post taketh away.
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Jack Wilbern
<BR>Member, Blueberry LLC

<P>Blueberry Hill, Vienna, Virginia -
<BR>19 homes on the back 7 acres of a 30 acre organic farm just outside
the Washington DC Beltway.
<BR>11 households as members, lots of associates/observers
<BR>Girding our loins for our public hearing in July
<BR>?and having fun creating our own community tradition for welcoming
new people.</HTML>

--------------ACE495A34A0CEC2E7EF05BBD--