RE: Inclusion of resident with Downs Syndrome
From: cynthia . e . carpenter (cynthia.e.carpenterus.arthurandersen.com)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 10:00:55 -0500
Gloria asked for contact with a cohousing community that includes one or
more residents with Downs Syndrome.

At Cambridge Cohousing, one of our units will be home to four adults with
developmental disabilities who are fairly independent (hold jobs,
contribute to community, etc.) but need some assistance with daily living.
They will be sharing one apartment, with an attached apartment for a
live-in support person.  The parents of one of the residents also are
members of our community, and they spearheaded this project within a
project (legally it's also a condo within our condo).  They're willing to
talk to other cohousers about it, but don't have email.  Write to me at
cynthia.e.carpenter [at] us.arthurandersen.com and I'll pass the message on.

- Cindy
Cambridge Cohousing - 41 units almost completely built, and 2/3 moved in!