RE: Oh, no! (Ceilings Div)
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:37:16 -0500
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Rob Sandelin wrote:

> Yes, I think the height of the Sharingwood ceiling is very nice, not too
> high,
> not too low (7 foot at the outside wall edge, 14 feet at the peak.

Your definition of "one story" and mine probably differ a bit.  I think
eight ft. is way too low for any good sized room.  I'd probably go with at
least 10' or do a sloping ceiling (which I think is the best looking).

> IF YOU COULD HAVE A TWO-STORY DINING ROOM, WITH STATE
> OF THE ART ACOUSTICS, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST, WOULD YOU TAKE IT?
>
> Absolutely not. Its not only acoustics, its visual space. Your living room at
> home does not have a 25 foot ceiling, nor should your commonhouse. Unless
> your

Well, I could see a two-story  roof be as low as 17' it theere was just a
loft overlooking the downstairs.  I think some very interesting things
could be done with that sort of configuration.

-- Matt