RE: Oh, no! (Ceilings Div)
From: Catherine Harper (tylikeskimo.com)
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 16:16:08 -0500
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Matt Lawrence wrote:

> Well, I could see a two-story  roof be as low as 17' it theere was just a
> loft overlooking the downstairs.  I think some very interesting things
> could be done with that sort of configuration.

<grin>  I wasn't going to jump in, but...  Okay, my living room probably
only averages about 14 ft ceilings, but part of my kitchen is closer to
20.  It's one of the things I love about our admittedly somewhat funky
house.  For me, high ceilings are uplifting, low ceilings oppressive.
Obviously, some other people feel differently.

Puget Ridge's common house is definately fighting the acoustics battle...
but personally, I love the space.  If it weren't for the acoustics, I
think their easily two story ceilings model would be about my ideal for a
common house.  (Though I do like the idea of having the living room
section, which is partially seperated out from the main hall, covered by a
second story loft sort of thing, which is one of those postponed features,
as I understand it. Big halls are nice, so are cozier areas.  Good parties
have room both to dance and chat.)  And then there's the puget ridge
kitchen...!

                                Catherine