Re: Oh, no! (Ceilings Div)
From: Joani Blank (jeblankic.org)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 02:52:59 -0500
Old Oakland will have a dining area ceiling which will go from about 11-24
feet. Kitchen starts ant 8 and goes to 11. We know that ceiling treatment
with sound absorbtion is as important as is height. I think Pioneer Valley
has the perfect solution. If I recall, they have a large high ceiling
(cathedral?) in the center of their living/dining area with the fireplace
and living room seating under it, but the dining tables are tucked under
much lower ceilings in several alcove-type dining areas.on both sides of
the said seating area.  Coziness can be created where there is a high
ceiling by having lights which hang low over the dining tables. At Old
Oakland we expect to have such low hanging lights but they will be easy to
raise up out of the way for dances and events where tables are not being
used. Biggest problem in Doyle St and on our 24 foot wall-to-be in Old
Oakland is the amount of glass--acres! And that's the most sound reflective
material ever!

Joani Blank
Doyle St and Old Oakland  (California)