RE: Oh, no! (Ceilings Div)
From: Matt Lawrence (matttechnoronin.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 23:53:01 -0500
On Sun, 21 Jun 1998, Paul Kilduff wrote:

> Matt: you did not say which coho community with common house you are
> basing your opinion on.
>
> With respect, if what you are saying is your opinion, but you have not
> lived in a coho community with a common house, then you are not
> answering my question.

I guess all of the other buiilding I have been in for various social
gatherings, including dinners, don't count.  What's the difference between
an apartment/condominium clubhouse and a commen house?  Legally, they
are often the same.  Socially, the commen house gets a lot more use.

> I already know what people see when they look at attractive pictures and
> then close their eyes.  The question I asked is not "what sounds good to
> you in theory?", but rather, "what is your experience?"

I have very good spacial perception.  I also have spent a lot of time
trying to understand the "feel" of various spaces.  Also, I've had one
well known architect ask me why I didn't pursue a career in architecture
(answer: I've got a good caareer in computers that I like very much).

If you really are only interested in opinions from people living in
cohousing, I suggest you learn Danish.

-- Matt