Re: Common House Laundry
From: Cheryl Charis-Graves (ccharisjeffco.k12.co.us)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 21:41:00 -0500
Our laundry is in the basement, in a small, windowless area. It is the most
frequently used part of the common house and is certainly the least aesthetic.
If it were in a sunlit porch where we could watch the kids playing and look up
through the common green, that would be a vast improvement over what it is
now. It fosters interaction in that you see people coming and going (if you
live close to the common house, as I do), but it could be vastly improved if
it were located differently. I hate doing my laundry because I feel
claustrophic in that room (and, let's be truthful, I hate doing laundry). But
I like socializing, so if the two could be combined . . . ? I'd probably need
less underwear!

Cheryl Charis-Graves
Harmony Village in Golden, Colorado
where a double rainbow lit up the sky on the Solstice evening and we felt
doubly blessed